Understanding how to develop and optimize the design of total rewards programs within global organizations is a sought after skill for the human resources professional. This course will provide you with an overview of total rewards and its role within the overall global management of human resources. You will not only learn about international rewards management, but you will also gain insights into global human resources strategy. Key topic areas covered include:
- Why companies globalize and its impact on HR.
- How to develop effective compensation, benefits and work-life strategies within complex multi-national companies.
- Identifying general benefits in different regions of the world that may serve as a starting point for developing global benefits strategy.
- Exploring work-life effectiveness, recognition, performance management and talent development and its effect on attraction, motivation and retention throughout the world.
- Learning approaches and issues with managing international assignments.
- Internal and external influences along with considerations that affect the design and delivery of global rewards.
- Key factors related to successful cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
This course is for the total rewards professional, including HR generalists and specialists, from all HR functions who seek to gain broader knowledge of global total rewards policies and practices.
Specific areas covered include:
- Globalization and Total Rewards
Learn about globalization, the global business environment and the role of total rewards within the global organization.
- Influences on Reward Systems
Gain knowledge about the influences on total rewards within complex global environments, including the impact of organizational and national culture, and understand rewards planning and global practices.
- Global Compensation Practices
Become savvy about the elements of compensation, factors to consider in compensation/rewards, base pay delivery, variable pay delivery, executive compensation, effective global practices and compensation challenges.
- Global Benefits Practices
Understand the influences on global benefits, global benefits strategy, statutory and non-statutory benefits, cost of non-statutory benefits, elements of benefits, social security, healthcare benefits, funding health and welfare benefits, retirement benefits and selection of benefits providers.
- Work-Life Effectiveness, Recognition, Performance Management and Talent Development
Discover total rewards within the global workplace, global performance management and the impact these programs have on total remuneration.
- Managing International Assignments
Learn about the evolution of international assignments, compensation systems and retirement issues.
- Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions
Gain insights into cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the role of HR, and examine the importance of culture within cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
Upon completing this course, you will have the HR savvy to understand global compensation and benefits. Your new knowledge will broaden your expertise as an HR professional and benefit your organization’s international compensation management strategy.
Ready to dive into global rewards?
This course is available in a variety of formats, including online, self-study and in-person.
Find a class format that works for you and register today.