In this competitive, global economy business leaders expect you to go beyond the technical aspects of your job and think like a businessperson. In fact, strategic business understanding was one of eight key differentiators of top performers according to the WorldatWork 2012 Total Rewards Professionals' Career Census.
To gain this understanding, you must embody business acumen skills–knowing what's going on around you and how the business works internally and externally. Having a keen sense of business knowledge is essential for better decision making and driving long-term positive results for your organization.
This course covers the essential skills, behaviors and actions that support the understanding and development of business acumen–helping you learn to see "the big picture," understand finance concepts, recognize the important relationship between compensation plans and the bottom line, and make wiser decisions.
- Learn what it takes to apply key business acumen skills and behaviors.
- Understand, evaluate, and articulate the relationship between compensation and business outcomes.
- Grasp essential financial concepts.
- Know how your business works and recognize the relationship between the compensation plan and the bottom line.
- Strengthen communication skills.
What You Will Learn
Module 1: Introduction to Business Acumen
Module 2: Knowing How Business Works
Module 3: Financial Literacy
Module 4: Evaluating the Business
Module 5: Communication and Connections