What is WorldatWork looking for in a proposal?
For the 2020 Total Rewards Conference & Exhibition, we are seeking proposals from practitioners and experts who focus on one or more of the following topics (see full descriptions):
- Total Rewards
- Pay Equity and Rewards Fairness
- Sales Compensation
- Executive Compensation
- Wellbeing and Benefits
- Workforce Growth and Development
- Workforce Design and Experience
- Organization Culture and Influence
- Business Acceleration Techniques for the Total Rewards/HR Leader
- Professional Competencies for the Total Rewards/HR Professional
We are seeking sessions that will:
- Be future-focused and thought-provoking
- Emphasize solutions to improve industry challenges related to global delivery, integration of employees and contingent workers, and the changing nature of work due to automation
- Showcase successful integrations with Total Rewards and key business areas: C-suite, HR business partners, talent planning, legal, diversity and inclusion and more
- Have a strong link to outcomes: personal, professional, individual, team and business
- Leave attendees with how-to/applications that can be implemented
- Address relevant technology, if applicable, in a productive, non-sales way
- Include relevant data/research
Should proposals place an emphasis on Total Rewards around the globe?
Today’s global and multi-national organizations, both large and small, face unique challenges in delivering rewards programs. WorldatWork seeks content for all tracks that have global or multi-national applicability, as well as those that have relevance to the U.S. or U.S./Canada-only. Those who submit proposals will be asked to indicate the geographic applicability of their proposed session, in addition to the topic track:
- Other single country (non-U.S. or Canada)
Should proposals be geared toward attendee experience level?
WorldatWork encourages session proposals within each track that speak to the most appropriate experience level for the topic. Submitters will be asked to indicate the target attendee experience level for the session:
- Entry: Awareness with Limited Experience
- Intermediate: Hands-on and Practical Application
- Advanced: Applied Theory and Strategy
- Expert: Recognized Authority
How does WorldatWork score proposals?
Due to a limited schedule, we cannot accept all proposals.
Our review team will evaluate proposals using these criteria:
- ‘Fit’ with event theme and desired topics
- Evidence of:
- Presenter’s expertise
- Presenter’s engaging style
- Brief videos, testimonials or sample presentations are encouraged
- Video required for Power Half Hour session submissions
- Inclusion of high audience engagement methodology
- Delivery of innovative and/or provocative concepts/thinking
- Overall quality and clarity of submission
- How well the proposal describes the content, speaker and delivery of information
- Completeness of proposal
- Does not ‘sell’ a firm’s services
Please note: Successful proposals are based on a relevant topic, concept or idea, and not on products, services or proprietary information. To best support the majority of our members’ needs as Total Rewards leaders, WorldatWork seeks a balance of presentations featuring practitioners’ perspectives and experiences.
When will I hear if WorldatWork accepted or declined my proposal?
Acceptance and decline emails will be sent by Jan. 21, 2020.
If WorldatWork accepts my proposal, what are my speaker benefits?
Speaker benefits include visibility and recognition as a thought leader. You will receive a complimentary event registration so you can attend all sessions and meals and network with peers during the Conference.
In addition, if you’re a practitioner, academic or nonprofit organization representative, WorldatWork will cover the costs of up to a two-night stay at a host hotel. (Consultants and service providers are not eligible for lodging reimbursement.) No other expenses will be reimbursed.
Is there anything else I should know?
WorldatWork is committed to creating and delivering high-quality events through objective, ethical and fair practices that prioritize diversity of thought and a desire to bring the most valuable learning and networking experiences to our audiences. Our association is fueled by strong relationships with the best thought leaders in the industry. However, we do not give special preference to individuals, consulting firms, vendors, companies or sponsors. Through fair sourcing of objective content, we address our stakeholders’ most important needs. It is how we maintain WorldatWork as the leader in Total Rewards and advance the impact that Total Rewards professionals have on their organizations, communities and society-at-large.
We insist that you do not market or promote any services or lead-generation activities during your session.
We look forward to receiving your proposal. Click “submit” to set up your account and begin the submission process.
Questions? Email email@example.com