The Impact of Student Loan Benefits on Modern Employers and Employees
Student loan benefits are following a similar rise in popularity as 401(k) plans did. Instead of helping employees save for retirement, employers are helping to manage employee student debt repayment.
With growing demand for student loan benefits, congress has proposed several bills that would grant tax-exemption for employer-provided student loan contributions and the IRS has even issued a private letter ruling allowing student loan benefits to be directly tied to 401(k) plans.
In this webinar presented by IonTuition, you’ll learn how and why student debt has grown exponentially in the last ten years and why the modern workforce is more inclined to work for companies that help manage their student debt repayment.
- How college became unaffordable without the need for student loans
- How student loans become that 2nd largest form of household debt
- How a recent audit of Federal servicers shows a lack of quality student debt management tools
- What a Student Loan Benefit is and how it can help employees in all age groups
- Current legislation about student loan benefits shows it’s similar to 401(k)