Your sales team plays a vital role in the success of your organization. But when it comes to compensation, sales compensation has specific nuances.
Design of Sales Compensation starts with a contemporary overview of the key principles of the sales compensation field. It continues with skill-building concepts related to the design and management of sales compensation programs. Formula creation, quota/territory design and modeling are among the topics covered in depth. This course is a comprehensive learning experience, equally appropriate for those new to sales compensation and those with some experience in administration or analysis and ready to be more involved with design, modeling, and planning decisions. This content-rich course provides learners with the knowledge and skillset needed for success in a sales compensation role.
- Learn how to influence the design of sales jobs for maximum effectiveness.
- Identify different sales compensation plan types and apply in the appropriate situation.
- Calculate different sales compensation formulas appropriate for product/market factors.
- Set quotas and/or re-balance territories to provide equitable earnings opportunities.
- Design new and manage existing and evaluate compensation plans.
- Provide expertise, support, and consultation to internal stakeholders accountable for sales results.
- Recommend plan revisions as well as new plans, to support the strategic plan.
What you will learn:
Introduction to Sales Compensation
- Why Sales Compensation
- Sales Organization Design and Jobs
- Sales Compensation Principles
- Formula Overview
- Formula Types
- Formula Engineering
- Quotas, Territories and Crediting
- Program Modeling and Costing
Program Design and Management
- Sales Compensation Design and Assessment
- Implementation and Communication
- Program Management and Administration