A WordatWork Journal authors write and edit a timely, relevant, clear, concise and interesting paper for an issue of the WorldatWork Journal.
- Write a high-quality paper of 2,500 to 4,000 words that advances the theory, knowledge and practice of the total rewards professional and/or contributes to business strategy development that leads to superior organizational performance.
- Works with the Journal editor through the submission process, including awaiting review results.
- Is willing to revise the paper and accept constructive feedback from reviewers.
- Is prepared to sign the copyright agreement.
- Can be flexible and willing to work with the editors(s) to secure publication in an upcoming issue of WorldatWork Journal – approximately 50 percent of the abstracts or papers submitted to the Journal are accepted.
Qualifications (or selection criteria):
- Extensive knowledge of your topical area.
- Writing experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate and accept constructive feedback.
- Writing can take anywhere from a few hours to a few months.
- The submission, reviewing and editing process takes approximately four months.
- Editor will present author with reviewer feedback, including suggestions for improvement, if applicable.
- Paper guidelines, copyright agreement are available for viewing.
- Past papers are also available and accessible.
- Editors are available for coaching, feedback and questions.
- A WorldatWork Journal paper offers a prime opportunity for visibility, as the publication is distributed to more than 25,000 members worldwide.
- Be viewed as an expert in your topical area.
- Access professional reprints, which can be used as marketing collateral to distribute to colleagues and clients via email, included on your Web site, the company intranet site or printed for handouts at speaking engagements or learning opportunities.