Frequently Asked Questions – Blended Learning
Q: What are the components of a Blended Learning class?
A: Blended Learning classes may contain components such as e-learning, discussion boards, tools, templates and resources for practical application; as well as access and interaction with a facilitator and other class participants.
Q: How much study time should I plan for?
A: Blended Learning classes are either led by a facilitator or self-paced. The course duration varies depending on the depth of knowledge shared within the particular class.
Facilitator-Led Blended Learning: All participants in these courses begin on the same day. You may access course materials any time—day or night—for 60 days after date of purchase.
- If there is a course book, the entire book is available starting on the first day. The e-learning modules, activities and discussion boards are divided into sections that are released weekly over a 4-8 week period, depending on the amount of content. View Course Matrix
- You will be able to view the course syllabus and course book (if applicable) starting on the first day. These are valuable tools to help you plan how much time you will want to spend in the course each week. It is recommended that you go through the materials carefully to gauge how long each e-learning module, case studies, activities, etc. will take you each week. (See sample class syllabus for facilitator-led classes).
- All facilitator-led courses include at least one live event where students and the facilitator come together in an online environment to discuss course material, group exercises, questions and answers, etc. Live web sessions are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Pacific. Although these sessions are scheduled for two hours, they may or may not run that long. These sessions are recorded and are available for review soon after the event.
- Discussion boards are included in every course and are monitored by the facilitator. You can access the discussion boards at any time. These are a great way to interact with your facilitator and other course participants. You can post questions, read threads from other participants and the facilitator, and respond to what others have to say.
Self-Paced Blended Learning: You can access your self-paced course shortly after you register. Some participants may have started before you, and others will start after you, based on their individual registration dates. You may access course materials any time—day or night—for 60 days after date of purchase.
Discussion boards are included in every course and are monitored by a subject matter expert. You can access the discussion boards at any time. These are a great way to interact with your facilitator and other course participants. You can post questions, read threads from other participants and the facilitator, and respond to what others have to say.
- All course materials are available starting on the first day. The e-learning modules, and activities divided into sections so that you can easily determine how you want to allocate your time over the duration of your access. View Course Matrix
- You will be able to view the course syllabus and course book (if applicable) starting on the first day. These are valuable tools to help you plan ahead. It is recommended that you go through the materials carefully to gauge how long to spend in each e-learning module, case study, activity, etc. (See sample class syllabus for self-paced classes).
Q: When are the live online meetings scheduled?
A: Some Blended Learning classes include live online class meetings with the facilitator and fellow participants. All certification preparation courses will have two live meetings. Skill-building seminars may have one or two live meetings. All customers will receive exact dates and times for the live meetings on the first day of class.
Q: Will I have playback of the live meeting?
A: Forty-eight hours following the live meeting, you will have access to the playback.
Q: After purchase, how do I access my class?
A: Once you have purchased your Blended Learning class, you will receive an email notification with detailed information on how to access your class.
Q: If I registered for a facilitated class, when will I receive my class syllabus?
A: The detailed class schedule will be found when your course access begins through the Blackboard Learning environment. [View sample class syllabus]
Q: Can I join the facilitated class after it has started?
A: Yes, but it will be your responsibility to catch up to the class. If you would like to join after the class has started, please contact WorldatWork Customer Relationship Services at 480-922-2020.
Q: How will I be able to interact with my fellow classmates?
A: Each class includes discussion boards so you may interact and discuss course content at any time with fellow classmates.
Q: What interaction will I have with the facilitator? And how often?
A: At any time through the duration of the course, you will be able to access the facilitator through both live discussion boards and other e-communication tools available through Blackboard. In addition, you will have access to the facilitator during the live online class meetings.
Q: How long will I have to take the certification exam (if applicable)?
A: You have 120 days from the first day of the course to take your certification exam. All exams purchased with a Blended Learning course can be taken at any of the Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide and will expire 120 days from the first day of course access.
Components of Blended Learning
All Blended Learning classes include a class discussion board, other components available within Blended Learning will vary in order to deliver the best learning experience possible. Classes may include access to components such as:
- Live online session(s) with facilitator and peers
- Audio files
- Video files
- Articles and/or white papers
- Tools and templates
- Online quizzes