Advisory Council Member - Volunteer Position Description
Title: Advisory Council Member
Purpose: Serves as a strategic thought leader, collaborator and catalyst for action representing the content area and the Total Rewards profession.
- Identifies, articulates and prioritizes the issues, topics and challenges affecting the total rewards profession from the perspective of a particular total rewards content area.
- Identifies “best in class” developments within the appropriate context and potential impacts on the profession.
- Shares experiences, expertise and contacts related to the content/constituency area.
- Identifies other subject-matter experts and knowledge leaders who can support the organization in a variety of ways and works to expand the organization’s reach.
- Identifies and proposes topical areas suitable for research and surveys.
- Participates in meetings, conference calls, task teams and other activities to the fullest extent possible.
- Strives to ensure connection of committee activity to WorldatWork’s mission, strategy and objectives.
- Represents the interests of the profession and is an advocate for the organization.
Advisory Council Chair (additional responsibilities):
- Serves as the team leader of the advisory council team
- Presides at meetings and conference calls of the Advisory Council
- Advocates for the interests of the Advisory Council with WorldatWork staff.
- Provides strategic focus and leadership to the group relative to the interest area represented by the Advisory Council
Qualifications (or selection criteria):
- Senior-level practitioner (Director or Higher) or senior consultant in a total rewards profession
- Thought leader with minimum ten years of professional experience in HR related functions, with increasing responsibility for strategic development, programs and functions
- Variety of industry experience, both as a specialist and generalist with experiences representative of membership makeup
- Excellent communication skills
- Recommendation by WorldatWork leadership & governance required
- WorldatWork designation (CCP, CBP, GRP) preferred
- Attend an annual advisory council meeting, typically held in Spring, in conjunction with the WorldatWork Total Rewards Conference
- Participate in quarterly advisory council committee calls
- Respond to requests, via e-mail and phone, for feedback and input on a variety of items, such as research & surveys, comment letters, and other WorldatWork activities
- Give back to the profession: Share your professional expertise, insights and experiences to develop emerging professionals.
- Drive the association’s strategy: Help guide the direction of the world’s premier association in compensations, benefits and total rewards.
- Work with your peers: Experience valuable networking opportunities with your peers in the profession.
- Engage in strategic dialogue about the profession: Through web conferencing and meetings, participate in robust discussions about total rewards strategies to attract, motivate and retain employees. Help your fellow Advisory Council members and senior staff members identify and articulate trends that will shape the profession and the association on how to respond and capitalize on the trends that are shaping the profession.
- Focus on the profession: Participate knowing that WorldatWork values your time and expertise. The association carefully crafts Advisory Council responsibilities and agendas to utilize your expertise in the profession.
- Sharpen your leadership skills: Participate in committee work and sharpen your business leadership skills in a supportive, non-work environment.
If you would like to discuss the Advisory Council role please contact us at email@example.com.