What is the difference between a Webinar and Webinar On-Demand?
A Webinar is a live event via the Internet. Access to the live webinar is limited to the first 800 participants so be sure to log on up to 15 minutes prior to the event start time. Those that attend the live event will have access to the recorded playback of the presentation for 90 days after the event.
If a webinar reached its full capacity of 800 participants and you could not attend the live event, you will be able to access the playback within two business days of the live event.
Webinar On-Demand is the playback of the live event. Those who register for this educational offering, have 90-days from purchase of On-Demand to view and listen to the live event when time allows.
What do I need to participate in Webinar?
Connecting from a PC or Mac:
- A computer with high speed internet access
- Recommended: A computer headset with a microphone or a computer with built‐in microphone and speakers
- Optional: You may also listen to the audio portion of the live web session via telephone if your computer does not have sound capabilities
- A compatible browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later (32 bit only); Mozilla Firefox 3 or later; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or above
Connecting from a mobile device:
- Apple devices running iOS 4 or 5; compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPad, iPad 2, and iPod touch (3rd or 4th generation recommended). Click on link: Adobe Connect Mobile in Apple App Store
- Android™ devices running Android 2.2 or later with Adobe AIR® 2.7 or later for Android; compatible with HTC EVO 4G, HTC Flyer, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Droid X, Motorola Xoom, and Samsung Galaxy Tab (7‐inch) and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Click on link: Adobe Connect Mobile in the Android Market
- BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry® Tablet OS (QNX) 1.0.6 or later with AIR 2.7 or later for BlackBerry; compatible with BlackBerry PlayBook. Click on link: Adobe Connect Mobile in the BlackBerry App World
Testing your computer or mobile device:
After a live Webinar, when is the Webinar On-Demand available to listen to?
The On-Demand playback will be available two business day after the live course; however, you can register for the On-Demand product at any time. If you purchase the On-Demand product prior to the live Webinar, you will be notified when the On-Demand playback is available.
How do I access my On-Demand product?
To access your On-Demand product(s) – go to www.worldatwork.org, login and click on “My Profile,” then select “My Online Education.”
Do Webinars and Webinars On-Demand qualify toward recertification credit?
WorldatWork Society Recertification Credit – WorldatWork Webinars qualify for recertification credit for the CCP, CBP, GRP and WLCP designations. Credit is automatically posted to the registered purchaser’s recertification application after the webinar. Additional attendees joining from the same connection may make a manual entry for recertification credit to their recertification applications. For more information, contact Customer Relationship Services at 877/951-9191.
HR Certification Institute Recertification Credit – Many WorldatWork Webinars have been pre-approved for recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Registered purchasers of the live webinars may request a certificate of completion indicating the HRCI recertification credit hours by sending a request to email@example.com after attending the Webinar. HRCI recertification credit is available only to registered purchasers who have attended the entire original live webinar. Webinars On-Demand do not qualify for HRCI credit.
Please note: Webinars that have not been pre-approved may still earn HR Certification Institute recertification credit, subject to acceptance by HRCI. General certificates of completion without an HRCI program ID number are available upon request to registered attendees. The 1 general credit is for HRCI. For our recertification customers we grant .25 credits.
For more information, please contact Customer Relationship Services.
Return to main Webinar page