Compensation  >>   Determining "Fair Market Value" of Room & Board Search Discussion Posts
Discussions Help
Sort By: Oldest posts first Most recent posts first
Private11127

Determining "Fair Market Value" of Room & Board  
Posted: 07/05/2006 08:05am   52 Views

Can anyone suggest a resource or approach to determining the "fair market value" of room and board in different geographical areas (i.e., if you wanted to know how to value this as part of an overall compensation package where room and board is provided)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Private10760

Determining   
Posted: 07/05/2006 01:52pm  

Not sure if this will appeal to you, but why not put to use the combined  resources of your federal government - and just use their prescribed per diem expense levels?  Those are broken out on a pretty exacting geographic level basis, and I think I recall that they are updated on as often as a monthly basis?

I think GSA has the responsibility for monitoring and establishing those levels and I think their most recent website is something like: http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/contentView.do?programId=9704&channelId=-15943&ooid=16365&contentId=17943&pageTypeId=8203&contentType=GSA_BASIC&programPage=%252Fep%252Fprogram%252FgsaBasic.jsp&P=MTT

Give it a try and see what you think.  In the alternative, suppose you could try aggregating and averaging rates to some higher (regional/national), if you wanted to.  Good luck. 

Private11127

Determining   
Posted: 07/05/2006 03:25pm  

Thanks, Christopher.  I did check out the link - an interesting idea and approach (and I am always game for tapping into those complementary government resources). 

Top Contributors
Compensation