Career Resources and Tools for Job Seekers from Other Providers
The Career Coaching service matches individuals with a personal coach-- a confidant, champion, and challenger who will help you:
- Gain personalized guidance through job transitions
- Prepare and navigate through your annual reviews
- Leverage your behavioral and professional strengths effectively
- Diagnose reasons for career dissatisfaction
- Learn how to take action in networking, interviewing, and taking on new opportunities
With Career Coaching you can:
- Learn how your behavioral style affects those you work with
- Build a compelling value proposition for a potential employer
- Manage change more effectively
- Overcome hurdles that impede success
- Sustain professional success and maintain balance
- Get ongoing support through all phases of your career
Resume Writing & Reference Checking
Resume & Cover Letter Writing Services:
A Competitive Edge Career Service, LLC - Let the talents of Certified Expert Resume Writer, Laura DeCarlo, of A Competitive Edge Career Service, LLC, assist you to set your career a world apart from the competition with our custom resume writing service.
If you are not receiving calls on your resume, you are trying to make a career change, or you want to ensure you have an edge in the job market, then contact us today for your consultation and/or resume critique.
A CV or curriculum vitae is a marketing tool. With your CV you will be able to promote yourself. Imagine the CV as being a brochure that will list the benefits of a particular service. The service being your time and skills! When writing a CV look at it from your employers point of view. Would you stand out against the competition (the other candidates) and would the manager want to talk to you for a possible job? You have to ask yourself these questions when writing your CV.
Networking and interviewing are essential for your job hunt and your CV is just the first step in the job search. However, a CV will be your first contact with potential employers and will open the door. If you are invited for an interview, you would then be in a position to explain and expand on what is in your CV.
Employment Verification Services:
Find out what your references are really saying about you
Employment Verification Services
- Know what your past employers are telling your prospective employers
- Head off questionable references before they hurt your chances
- Use an independent, third-party resource to do your investigation
You know potential employers will be calling, but do you know what your references will say?
A solid reference can hasten your offer, but a poor or even lukewarm statement could lead to a lower compensation offer or the loss of the opportunity altogether. Think about how your bosses, past or present, would respond to these questions:
- Are you able to enthusiastically recommend this person?
- Is this person eligible for re-hire within your organization?
- Could you fully describe the circumstances and reason for the separation?
- Could you describe any strengths and/or weaknesses of this individual?
The employment verification service provides an incredible value. For a low, per-use fee, our professionals will contact your reference and confidentially investigate what your reference is telling potential employers. It's a small price to pay for the peace of mind and confidence to know your references are supporting your reputation as a talented, valuable professional. Don't wait until a bad reference gets in the way of your dream job. Get your past employers checked out now.
Finding a Job and Evaluating a Job Offer
Finding—and getting—a job you want can be a challenging process, but knowing more about job search methods and application techniques can increase your chances of success. And knowing how to judge the job offers you receive makes it more likely that you will end up with the best possible job.
The TypeFocus Careers program will assess your personality type and lead you on a path of self-discovery. As you understand yourself better, you'll become more aware of what career options are right for you.